Friday, January 29, 2010

The People

Yesterday I shared some photos, most of them showing landscapes and buildings. Even though those photos may give you an idea about how beautiful Guatemala is, it is the people what make the essence of the country.
The way I see myself and Guatemalans in general is probably a simplistic one, I make no differences between who is rich or poor, or who is a real Maya descendant or a Mestizo, or who has received formal education and who has not, or who lives in big cities or in small towns.
Today, I want to share a few  photos of Guatemalan Maya-descendants wearing some of the most spectacular and vibrant clothes you will ever see.
Please click on the image to start the slideshow.
A Journey Through Guatemala - 2010-01-28

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I appreciate your feedback!

Bookmark and Share